Christmas Shipping Planning 2017
The key to a successful Christmas season for any E-Commence business is planning. As the shipping process is key to your business success it is vital you get this right and you’re partnering with the right provider/s who can meet your needs. Smart Send has several solutions to help you get this right, which includes access to our experienced ‘Best of Industry’ Customer Service team when things don’t go to plan.
There are key topics to remember at this time of year:
The Christmas Shopping season (CSS) places extreme pressure on any Australian transport company with substantial increases in shipment volumes in recent years and as the convenience of online shopping grows this will only increase. The increased volume does and will cause delays with both pickups and deliveries (a delivery vehicle can only hold so many items) as we edge closer and closer to the December 25th deadline we need to be aware of the following:
- Sending goods between the east and west coasts need to be in transit no later than the 8th December. For regional WA destinations, by 1st December.
- Carriers will do AM pickups starting 18th December with no guarantee of delivery for Christmas (priority will be given to goods already in the system).
- Regional/rural or Darwin deliveries should be despatched no later than 13thDecember
- Allow and expect delays with pickups and deliveries from November through to Christmas (if you haven’t seen a driver by 6pm for a pickup let us know and we’ll rebook)
- If you’re a VIP customer with Smart Send and are expecting to be sending larger than normal volumes please let us know what we can expect so we can plan with the carriers to try and minimise delays
- Between Christmas and New Year the depots are on skeleton staff so collections/pickups are usually in the mornings
- After Christmas many regional areas are closed until early January; your patience and understanding is appreciated.
By using these guides you’ll avoid the possibility of your goods not arriving in time for Christmas and disappointing your customers (along with the negative feedback and the impact that has on all of our businesses).
As always, the Smart Send support team is available to answer any questions or help you if there are delays, to ensure the best possible result for you and your customers. You can contact us via the ‘Customer Service’ link at www.smartsend.com.au.